Some of the best-known woolly mammoths are babies, and some complete examples have been stunningly preserved in ice. The 42,000-year-old baby nicknamed Lyuba is the most complete woolly mammoth in the world, and even has the remains of its last meal preserved inside the stomach. Woolly mammoth babies lived with their parents in large herds that migrated across northern Europe and Asia.
- Scientific Name: Mammuthus primigenius
- Characteristics: The baby woolly mammoth lacks the giant curved tusks present in adults. However, it shares with its parents a coat of red-brown hair all over its body. It also walked on four short legs. Newborn baby mammoths were no more than two feet tall.
- Size and Color: This woolly mammoth baby model is 3.5 inches long and 2.5 inches high. It is colored in natural shades of red-brown.
- The Woolly Mammoth Baby is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- 3 yrs+