Also known as the sea tiger, the tiger shark is one of the largest shark species found in oceans all throughout the world. They can grow to be just shy of 20 feet long, although on average they’re 11 to 13 feet long.
- Scientific Name: Galeocerdo cuvier
- Characteristics: Like all Safari wildlife figurines, our tiger shark model has been beautifully hand painted and sculpted by professional artists with life-like detail. Turn your living room into the deep blue sea, and go on an aquatic adventure with this tiger shark!
- Size and Color: 8 inches long and 3 inches wide, this figurine is roughly the size of a 16 oz. water bottle on its side. Tiger sharks are predominantly gray with white bellies, and they have a noticeable tiger stripe pattern on their sides.
- The Tiger Shark is part of the Monterey Bay Aquarium® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Sadly, like many shark species, the tiger shark is classified as a near threatened species by the IUCN. They are regularly fished for their fins, flesh, and liver, and their population numbers have declined dramatically in the most prevalent fishing areas. They also often end up as bycatch in large fishing nets. Their current global population trend is unknown, but scientists believe it is declining.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Size in cm: 20.3 L x 8 W x 4.7 H
- Size in inches: 7.99 L x 3.15 W x 1.85 H