Interestingly, the green sea turtle actually earned its name from the color of its fat rather than its physical appearance. One of the largest sea turtles, it can be found in oceans worldwide and has been sighted near every continent except for Europe and Antarctica.
- Scientific Name: Chelonia mydasli
- Characteristics: This figurine was crafted and hand painted with attention to detail in mind, accurately capturing the texture and physical features of a green sea turtle with stunning quality. The next best thing to swimming with these majestic creatures, our models bring their watery world to the palm of your hand!
- Size and Color: 4 inches long and 4.25 inches wide, both dimensions of this figurine are about the size of the length of a credit card. Despite its name, the green sea turtle’s physical appearance is mostly made up of dark brown and olive colors.
- The Green Sea Turtle is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Although the green sea turtle is endangered, its important role in its ecosystem cannot be overstated. Green sea turtles are one of few creatures that eat and actually help maintain the health of sea grass, which is a necessary breeding ground for many marine animals. Without these turtles, many aquatic species that share the same ecosystem could also become endangered and potentially go extinct. Unfortunately, despite preservation methods and more attention being drawn to the green sea turtle’s declining population, their numbers have not been able to stabilize.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 10.25 L x 11 W x
- Size in inches: 4.04 L x 4.33 W x