Kids are baby goats, and giving birth to a baby goat is known as kidding. Kids are born after around 150 days gestation, and twins are most common, although single and triplet births are also fairly common. Kids can show a variety of colors, including bright white.
- Scientific Name: Capra hircus
- Characteristics: This cute kid goat looks ready to explore and play, two activities goats are famous for. It will stay close to its mother for the first several months.
- Size and Color: Kid goats come in many colors, including the bright white of this figure, which also features realistic colors about the face and hooves. The figure measures 2 inches long and 1 ½ inches tall, a little bigger than a jumbo egg.
- The Kid Goat is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Domestic goats number well over 100 breeds, but all those breeds descended from the Bezoar ibex, a wild goat that inhabits the mountains of Eastern Europe and Western Asia. Bezoar goats have long, backwards-curving horns, and they live in groups in some rather harsh locales, including deserts and mountains. However, the features that ensure their survival in the wild also made them appealing to humans who began to settle in the fertile crescent of western Asia many thousands of years ago. Although this species supplied all domestic breeds, the wild species still exists in the wild to this day, but they are considered vulnerable due to population decline.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Size in cm: 5 L x 3.75 H
- Size in inches: 1.97 L x 1.48 H